Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hungry birdies flock to my feeders...

except when I try to take a picture...


How much snow did we have...not sure, around 20 inches by my inaccurate tape measuring, up past the wheels on the cars, no snow shoveling for me today, but I will have a go at it tomorrow.

We'll see if the snowplows come by and even if they do, I'm still not sure I could make it up my hill to head out to work on Monday...time will tell.

But, here's the snowy scene out my guest bedroom window this morning...I ran out of the seed mix I usually like to feed, but did have lots of suet cakes on hand and the birds are grateful for the bag of backup seed I had in case of emergency. You can hear them tweeting "Thanks!" and I'm sure some birder can tell me what the pretty blue bird in the first photo is ( it's rust and white chest is hidden in this photo).

12 comments:

  1. Oh burrr.. so glad you have some back up seed as they need food right now. poor birdies.
    This is the first year I have been here in Oregon that we have had no snow. we dont get much but every year we have had a least some for half a day. Hope you stocked up. careful driving in it. Was looking at your pictures in last email. computer was acting up so didnt get to see all the photos. will check it out more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a mess here in Ohio, too. Not 20 inches, but enough that I slipped off the road and smashed my bumper on a guardrail yesterday. #*%&!! I am wishing it all away. Hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any movement that I make near the window sends my birds flying away. I finally hang behind the curtains and swing just my camera around the corner and snap a picture. The glass on some days just messes everything up and other day's it works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how sad if those birds didn't make it. How are the kitties doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the spot of color against the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, kitty TV!
    We had snow last weekend but this weekend the usual rain. mom is always complaining about the rain. But me, I just curl up on her bed while she complains. She feeds the birdies too, just for me to admire. =^..^=
    Meow

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe it is the common Rust-Crested Bonko Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMC, LUK AT ALL THE FEEVURS! Let us at em! Let us at em! Wull nom nom nom them rite away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder why some birds migrate to warmer climes in the winter and some birds just stick around. You think it's laziness?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bird photos are eastern bluebird and blue jay. The bird singing in your video is a house finch and it looks like you have a mourning dove perched in the tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your bird pics. Thanks for stopping by for Gracie's birthday. She had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi teri, so how is your snow now?

    i am always happy to see birds, so thank you.

    i think of you and i always hope that you are healing and well everyday. i admire you. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments, and am glad you stopped by...
Comments are moderated on posts older than 1 day.