Friday, October 17, 2008

So New York!



Here we are in the Big Apple. Well, no, this cat isn't in NYC, but I thought it was a Hip, kind of CityKitty photo, so I thought I'd use it as an intro. It is a FurryDance cat though!

I had a friend coming with me, to share the fun (and the EXPENSES) but she had to have an unanticipated medical procedure and had to stay close to home. But, as they say "When life hands you lemons, you make Lemonade". I had a cheap vacation in Oregon in August, so I guess if I average these two get-aways together, it's not so bad...

Had an uneventful drive up, no traffic snarls and thanks to the nav system, got right to the hotel, no problems. It's always nice to have a co-pilot in NYC, but I managed it alone, and didn't hit any bike messengers as I worried I might.

The Affinia Manhattan, where I have stayed for the last 3 Madison Square Garden Cat Show, is very nice, right across the street from MSG and while 3 x the price of most hotels I frequent, it's part of being in NYC and the big plus is I can park the car and not have to deal with driving all weekend (though that privilege runs me $44 a day, MOL).

Pixie and I have down comforters, a full kitchen and for me, my beverages of choice (this weekend it's Pina Coladas, Long Island Iced Teas, and White Russians...remember, I had an Aussie coming with me initially!) and for Pixie, why, some Tuscan Milk, of course. 


I couldn't hunt down any friends last night (had their phones turned off, duh) so went around the corner to an Italian place for a Campari and Veal Piccata. It wasn't up to my favorite as Carrabas Grill (I know that they are a chain but their Veal Piccata is excellent, as well as their white Sangria). I stopped at a market on the way back to the hotel and got some Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, which went well with the White Russian for dessert.

Today, I slept in til 9, a real treat lately since with the home repairs, I have had to be up early for the work to begin. Then came bathing and grooming Pixie, then me, haha. Had my favorite yogurt (Fagi Greek yogurt with Honey) and Trader Joe's Ultimate Vanilla Wafers and some Starbucks and I was a happy camper.

Got out of the hotel about 1-ish and and actually made it to a museum on the way to Macy's, The Museum at FIT, and enjoyed their current exhibit, Arbiters of Style, Women at the Forefront of Fashion. I know my niece, Erin, would have enjoyed it! Then it was on to Macy's (and as usual, I couldn't find my way out and felt a little like a kid in a scary Fun House, laughing til it was "Get me out of here"!) I didn't buy anything there this year, but on the way back to the hotel, found a Whole Foods store (with it's own stand alone Whole Body shop) and bought some stuff for me--lip gloss, foot massager and a camera case. And for Pixie, two new collars for costumes (AKA hair scrunchies). She and I will be stylin'.

Tonight, I am meeting my friend, Tracy, who lives in the Village and visiting with her kitties, going out to eat (someplace fantastic she always picks out) and then sitting down with her and going over the new website she is designing for me, which might get up and running this weekend!

So, that's what me and Pixie have been up to the past couple of days. When I get back home, I'll have a few pix of this trip and Pixie living it up in the hotel room and at the show, so that'll be something for my next post...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time, even if you did end up flying solo a bit. Haven't been to NY in a few years now. Perhaps in the Spring. We have a good friend in Brooklyn who is remodeling the second level of his home. Should go visit after its done.

    Your weekend sounds better than the one here, unless you like buying carloads of mulch. Tim isn't a big fan of yardwork. He just sits in the window and meows non-stop, and when you come in, he acts like you've been gone a week. I swear, he's got a bit of dog in him.

    Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments, and am glad you stopped by...
Comments are moderated on posts older than 1 day.