Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall is Here...


A little bittersweet and melancholy, but still with joy at being able to enjoy the weather and colors. Just brings back lots of memories.

I moved to Virginia October 5th, 2001 and arrived to find this lovely weather and colorful leaves,
and joined Mike in our new home and new life together.

Traveling from Oregon to Virginia, with 8 cats, Mike driving the U-Haul towing the Jag and 2 cats in the cab with him, and my mom and I in the van, keeping in touch by walky talkies lent to us by one of my brothers; having a cat escape at a gas station but able to catch him quickly; getting stuck in DC traffic due to a missle or something being transported on the freeway; and then having fun getting to know the area and spending time with my mom.

All those are memories that come to mind, mostly when I am driving a familiar route and seeing Fall all around me, sad but happy too, that I was able to enjoy it with Mike. I don't know how other people deal with their griefs; when it hits them the hardest, but for me, while it might seem odd...I miss Mike the most when I am driving. While we didn't chatter non-stop when in the car (or any other time), we had our rituals which I miss.

Tuesday nite Wings, picked up at Buffalo Wing University, across the street from where I work (and half eaten by the time we got home 45 minutes later); giving Mike manicures while we were on the road to a cat show or a trip (one hand on the wheel, one in my lap); me napping while Mike drove (I miss that lots!)

So, since Fall is here, I will have to have a Pumpkin Beer in his memory.

1 comment:

  1. Is that that crazy Disco??? Billy & Edward miss him....

    >^oo^<
    nancy

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments, and am glad you stopped by...
Comments are moderated on posts older than 1 day.