Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tool Time (for cats) & the kitten stork arrived!

There are new kittens in the house! Coco had her kittens on Sept 23 and they are doing great! A flashy calico girl and a cute red & white boy. They are both promised to homes already, but stay here until they are 16 weeks old, so lots of fun ahead.


The cats & I are all staying in the guest bedroom because of the water damage, have 2 tents set up (another litter due tomorrow). It's cozy & fun, like staying in a hotel, mol--that's meow out loud. I'm making the best of it, and this weekend the repairs started. Brighton was very interested in the guys here working, hiding under their tarps and checking out their toolboxes. So I had to put all the cats away, but I snapped a pix of him bunting the shop vac.

 
This guy is great, even cleans up after he gets done working and puts all the tools in an out of the way spot so they wouldn't be in my way. He is a good friend of a couple who have a cat from me...so nice to have someone working on your house that you can trust! He's doing the drywall and painting. In a couple of weeks, more work will be done and we will have new carpets, and tile and wood on the floors.
I got a lot of little stuff done while he was here working, that feels good, and I'm going to clean up, take a nap and then BBQ a steak (coffee encrusted w/creole spices) and have some steamed artichokes w/Bearnaise sauce...and a couple of Hurricanes.

Then I can call it a Good Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Brighton looks so much like Soze! (I miss the little bugger)

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments, and am glad you stopped by...
Comments are moderated on posts older than 1 day.