Saturday, August 1, 2009

You'll find me at 57 Blogland Lane...


I should be cleaning up my basement, but instead...I'm surfing the web looking at "small homes" to put on my dreamspot on Blogland Lane. This endeavor was begun by KJ at #9 BLOGLAND LANE and it's been fun looking at what my bloggie friends dream about when thinking of retiring to Blissville...So, maybe life can begin anew at 57, so I'll reside at #57 Blogland Ln.

To me, it would be a small space and that "two cats in the yard" ala CSNY (although mine would still be housecats with maybe a kitty arboretum in the yard, so they could see the birds, sniff the air and lay in the sweet sunlight outside but be safe).

This small space would give me time to be with friends (something I am missing and not finding time to do in my current abode); to be out enjoying nature and life (I'd get a bike with balloon tires and a bell); having time to volunteer at Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab Utah BEST FRIENDS ANIMAL SOCIETY... and blogging more...


And with this "Dream Home", I could even pick up and visit friends on the road, but think I'd want to have someone else drive, so I could nap ( I miss napping in the car as a passenger, too). I'd like to park it by water...by a riffle on a river, or where I can hear the waves of the ocean. I'd have lots of bird feeders and sweet peas and nasturtiums growing wild, and blueberry bushes, lots of them to share with all those friends, served with lemon sorbet. And of course, a hammock in the yard, and time to read!




I would watch the stars from that little loft window and snuggle with the 2 cats under that luxurious comforter. Ok...I'm sighing now.


Note: all of the photos of the Lodge on Wheels are from this site
LODGE-ON-WHEELS.COM

18 comments:

  1. OH I want one :), just a little bit smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the wood in this little home. I have seen different varieties of homes on wheels and think them quite cute. love the cat house too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those small houses and was going to choose one for blogland lane - you beat me to it~

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll drive teri!! i'll pick you up and we'll go visiting our neighbors.

    and every cat in the neighborhood will be vacationing at your place, which i'm guessing will be just the way you like it!

    new beginnings for us all....i like it.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos. Looks real cozy. I've been to Best Friends in Kanab, taken the tour and all that. I even thought about getting a job there once...but Tucson has a hold on me. Kanab's a pretty place, though--especially Angel Canyon leading up to Best Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little place looks so cute. I've seen these homes on TV that are on wheels and only accommodates one person. I might need a little more space than this, but still, I like it. Glad we are neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cozy little place you have there, neighbor! I really love these small houses. And I also love the idea you had of dancing like nymphs around the pond with butterflies, dragonflies and cats. That's my idea of fun! Stop by any time.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there neighbour, thanks for saying Hi to me at #53. I'm servant to three cats, 2 dogs and chief bird seed distributor to all my visiting feathered friends.

    You can follow the sun with your wheeled home*!*

    ReplyDelete
  9. G'day Pus, it's Baino from No.8 . .you're making me look very austentatious here! Although I can smell the cedar from Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi neighbor Teri,
    Whow, this is a small but very functional and cosy home. I love the light colour of the wooden interior. A bit Scandinavian? Thank you for your visit at no. 30. The Babelfish translation of Duth is awesome. I did not notice it myself, but neighbor Baino told me she has laughed her head off too, so I tried it myself and cried (from laughing). Anyhow, we all in Blogland Lane love a good laugh ;-) Byebye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good to me - where do I sign up? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I love the most about your place is the consideration for your pets. I'm surprised (at myself) for not showing extra provisions for mine. (You know they're there!)
    I'd be happy to drive you by the sea (I'm a terrible passenger) and I'd love to join you afterwards for some lemon sorbet and blueberries ;)

    Life is good Teri!

    P.S. Animal Friends in Utah has always been at the top of my list for sanctuaries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a neat place, thx teri

    see mine at #333?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute little home on the go! If we ever get a free weekend, we'll have to come down and help with that basement, although our own has been a mess for 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of the cat arboretum. I think Ramaone would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely. I always loved small houses with big trees and lots and lots of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. teri, the neighborhood's looking really good. come check out the new blog. it's going to be fun.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to meet another neighbor at Blogland Lane. Your house is so cute, and cats are always welcome!
    If you decide you want to move your house, you can roll it over to my lot at 735.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure your comments, and am glad you stopped by...
Comments are moderated on posts older than 1 day.